Speak Creative is an established company of 34 with offices in Memphis and Nashville with a strong remote team across the US. We are skilled in all things interactive, from website design and development to mobile apps and digital marketing. We create, code, consult, support, sell and most of all problem solve for clients all over the nation.
We are looking to add Wordpress/Front End Developers to our Creative Team or as contractors who have the ability to take concepts from our designers and build beautiful websites for our clients on Wordpress and other platforms. We are a multi-disciplinary team with a goal to help serve our clients with powerful, beautiful and functional websites that grow their business. We are driven by design, smart development, data, research and a continually renewed process to help us work more intelligently each and every day.
Some of the skills required:
- You can take a design comp and turn it into a Wordpress site, setting up the theme, the plugins and the content in a way that sets up the client for success going forward.
- You're comfortable receiving art assets from a variety of industry leading design tools such as Adobe Photoshop, Adobe XD, Sketch, Figma.
What your day will look like:
- You'll be introduced to the project by the lead designer and carry his/her creative assets forward for your build. The designer will advise on approach where needed.
- You'll setup the Wordpress instance in Flywheel, our WP hosting partner.
- You'll setup various plugins from a list of approved/preffered that we maintain.
- You'll load, configure and style content.
- You'll do all QA checks including but not limited to Browser compliance, SEO best practices, ADA compliance/best practices.
Some of the characteristics we are looking for:
- You are composed - We need individuals who are is comfortable managing multiple projects at once with sometimes tight turnaround times - all while keeping cool and composed.
- You love to help - You love helping others and can give your time and knowledge generously to help us grow and become better each week.
- You solve problems - You're a strategic thinker and you can solve problems quickly to help our team and our clients keep moving.
As a company, we value:
- We are (and have been) profitable.
- We are (and have been) debt-free.
- We own our building in Memphis.
- We have a single owner and don’t have to worry about partners who split.
- Our business is spread out across hundreds of customers instead of a few big fish.
- To date, we’ve never let anyone go for financial reasons.
- We're a team with a focus on doing outstanding work for our clients AND maintaining our sanity.
- We work hard during business hours (M-Th 7a-5p and F 7a-11a... yes, every Friday is a half-day!) and go home when work is done.
- Rarely, if ever, do we find ourselves staying late or working weekends. Funny what you can get done when you work hard.
- We expect everyone on our team to be part of shaping our future. If there's an issue, we tackle it together. If there's an idea, we develop it together.
- We meet regularly for fun and creative team building.
Our owner is a believer in Jesus Christ and submits to Biblical authority in leading the company. For us, that means that we can expect a leadership perspective that is grounded in humility, and puts people before profits. Does that mean we all have the same beliefs? Absolutely not, but mutual respect and grace are core values that drive each of us.
Half-day Fridays, commitment to a 40 hr work week, unlimited coffee, all-Mac office, good folks, regular office events, annual retreat with whole team on location, vacation/sick leave, flex time, health insurance, long-term disability insurance, matching 401k, adoption assistance and more.
How to apply:
All candidates should complete our online application and explain why you're a good candidate.
- What are you passionate about?
- You must have live samples of your work.
- We'd love to see your code samples. Send us a codepen or something comparable.
- We'll evaluate all applicants and follow up via email as needed to ask questions or to line up interviews.
This position is available in our Memphis or Nashville office locations and will consider remote within the United States. We will also consider contractors for this position. International remote is not available for this position.