Speak Creative is an established company of 48 with offices in Memphis and Nashville with a strong remote team across the US. We are skilled in all things interactive, from website design and development to mobile apps and digital marketing. We create, code, consult, support, sell and most of all problem solve for clients all over the nation.
We are looking to add Wordpress/Front End Developers to our Creative Team or as contractors who have the ability to take concepts from our designers and build beautiful websites for our clients on Wordpress and other platforms. We are a multi-disciplinary team with a goal to help serve our clients with powerful, beautiful and functional websites that grow their business. We are driven by design, smart development, data, research and a continually renewed process to help us work more intelligently each and every day.
Some of the skills required:
- You can take a design comp and turn it into a Wordpress site, setting up the theme, the plugins and the content in a way that sets up the client for success going forward.
- You're comfortable receiving art assets from a variety of industry leading design tools such as Adobe Photoshop, Adobe XD, Sketch, Figma.
What your day will look like:
- You'll be introduced to the project by the lead designer and carry his/her creative assets forward for your build. The designer will advise on approach where needed.
- You'll setup the Wordpress instance in Flywheel, our WP hosting partner.
- You'll setup various plugins from a list of approved/preffered that we maintain.
- You'll load, configure and style content.
- You'll do all QA checks including but not limited to Browser compliance, SEO best practices, ADA compliance/best practices.
Some of the characteristics we are looking for:
- You are composed - We need individuals who are is comfortable managing multiple projects at once with sometimes tight turnaround times - all while keeping cool and composed.
- You love to help - You love helping others and can give your time and knowledge generously to help us grow and become better each week.
- You solve problems - You're a strategic thinker and you can solve problems quickly to help our team and our clients keep moving.
A little about us
We're an established company of 48 employees with offices in Memphis and Nashville. We are skilled in all things interactive, from website design and development, to mobile apps and digital marketing.
As a company, we value:
- We are (and have been) profitable.
- We are (and have been) debt-free.
- We own our building.
- We have a single owner and don't have to worry about partners who split.
- Our business is spread out across hundreds of customers instead of a few big fish.
- To date, we've never let anyone go for financial reasons.
- We're a team with a focus on doing outstanding work for our clients AND maintaining our sanity.
- We work hard during business hours (Mon-Thurs 7a-5p and Fridays 7a-11a…yes every Friday is a half-day) and go home when work is done.
- Rarely, if ever, do we find ourselves staying late or working weekends. Funny what you can get done when you work hard.
- High-performing employees enjoy a high degree of flexibility.
- We expect everyone on our team to be part of shaping our future. If there's an issue, we tackle it together. If there's an idea, we develop it together.
- We meet regularly for fun and creative team building.
Half-day Fridays, No late/weekend hours, Relocation assistance, All-Mac office, Good Folk, Regular Office Events, Annual Retreat with whole team on location, Vacation/Sick Leave, Health Insurance, Long Term Disability, 401k, New Perks added often
Our owner is a believer in Jesus Christ and submits to Biblical authority in leading the company. What does that mean for you? Simply that you can expect to see values like hard work, discipline, excellence, grace and others at the core of decision making. Do you have to be a Christian? Absolutely not.
Sounds great? Next steps:
- All candidates should complete our online application. Show us your work and explain why you're a good candidate.
- We'll evaluate all applicants and follow up via email as needed to ask questions or to line up interviews.