Speak Creative is an established company of 45 employees. We have offices in Memphis and Nashville, but about 1/3 of our staff are remote. We are skilled in all things marketing, from website design and development, digital marketing services, web and mobile development, cinematography and traditional branding and print. We have the great privilege of working with cool organizations across the US.
Web Designers serve on our Creative Team and have the ability to take design and code beautiful websites for our clients on Wordpress and our own SiteWrench CMS (we'll train you!). We are a multi-disciplinary team with a goal to help serve our clients with powerful, beautiful and functional websites that grow their business. We are driven by design, smart development, data, research and a continually renewed process to help us work more intelligently each and every day.
Some of the skills required:
- You can take a client's direction and capture it through the latest in website design, using industry leading design tools such as Adobe Photoshop, Adobe XD, Sketch, Figma. Then you'll turn that design into a website running on Wordpress or our own SiteWrench (we'll train you!)
What your day will look like:
- You'll work with a project team that includes a project manager who manages schedule and scope, a brand strategist who carries the client relationship and yourself, who will bring the creative.
- You'll have a creative director and other web design peers to collaborate with (they won't dictate) to produce the best design direction.
- You'll setup the Wordpress instance in Flywheel or WP Engine, our WP hosting partners, OR you'll build on SiteWrench CMS which we build and maintain in house.
- You'll load, configure and style content.
- You'll do all QA checks including but not limited to Browser compliance, SEO best practices, ADA compliance/best practices.
Some of the characteristics we are looking for:
- You are composed - We need individuals who are is comfortable managing multiple projects at once with sometimes tight turnaround times - all while keeping cool and composed.
- You love to help - You love helping others and can give your time and knowledge generously to help us grow and become better each week.
- You solve problems - You're a strategic thinker and you can solve problems quickly to help our team and our clients keep moving.
More about us...
- We are (and have been) profitable.
- We are (and have been) debt-free.
- We have a single owner and don't have to worry about partners who split.
- Our business is spread out across hundreds of customers instead of a few big fish.
- To date, we've never let anyone go for financial reasons.
- We're a team with a focus on doing outstanding work for our clients AND maintaining our sanity.
- We work hard during business hours (Mon-Thurs 7a-5p and Fridays 7a-11a…yes every Friday is a half-day) and go home when work is done.
- Rarely, if ever, do we find ourselves staying late or working weekends. Funny what you can get done when you work hard.
- High-performing employees enjoy a high degree of flexibility.
- We expect everyone on our team to be part of shaping our future. If there's an issue, we tackle it together. If there's an idea, we develop it together.
- We meet regularly for fun and creative team building.
- Half-day Fridays
- No late/weekend hours
- Relocation assistance
- All-Mac office
- Regular Office Events
- Annual Retreat with whole team on location
- Vacation/Sick Leave
- Health Insurance
- Short Term Disability
- Long Term Disability
- New Perks added often
Our owner is a believer in Jesus Christ and submits to Biblical authority in leading the company. For us, that means that we can expect a leadership perspective that is grounded in humility and puts people before profits. Does that mean we all have the same beliefs? Absolutely not, but mutual respect and grace are core values that drive each of us.
This is a unique position in our company and we are looking for a unique person to fill it. If you're a proven pro who is tired of...
- Having to say "Sorry buddy, I can't make it to your game today because I have a work deadline."
- Feeling like bot producing code
- Wondering if your work actually has a real effect on the company
- Constant pressure to work harder and harder, it's never enough
- Just get it done type demands from leadership
- Feeling like a cog in a machine where you have no real say in company direction
- Being a means to an end, rather than a valued team member
...and you value:
- Helping others succeed just as much as personal success
- Working collaboratively to figure out what will make the biggest impact for your team and our clients
- Your own personal work ethic and strive to always give more than you get
- A job well done
...you're potentially a really great fit here. From the top dog down, leadership at this company is committed to making it a great place for people to work while producing great results for our clients. If that sounds motivating and exciting, we want to talk to you.
What do you think? Sound like a fit? Next steps:
All candidates should complete our online application. Show us your work and explain why you're a good candidate.
We'll evaluate all applicants and follow up via email as needed to ask questions or to line up interviews.