We are not currently hiring but always accepting resumes.
As a digital agency we create movement for businesses and organizations using our digital marketing strategies and solutions. We see success when our clients see success in their markets.
All the details on this page are important, but here's the no-bull job redux.
You are a perfect fit for this job if you...
- Like a challenge and find personal fulfillment in problem-solving (no joke).
- Have experience managing projects - especially web development projects.
- Shudder when you hear the term Stage Gate (because you know firsthand what that is).
- Know what Agile, Scrum, Waterfall, Kanban, etc. are but do NOT have a religious attachment to any of them. Rather you prefer to work with your team to manage a project how it needs to be managed.
- Would prefer to never see or use Microsoft Project.
- Want to work with an amazing team - why is it amazing? Because our current team members are amazing and you're just going to add your bit of amazing to it.
(If you're not 100% on these items, but you're feelin' the vibe we're looking for, you should apply.)
You are NOT a fit for this job if you...
- Are inflexible.
- Do not like to work hard.
- Have ever said these words at work, "Naw, I'm on break."
- Don't know how to dig in and find details when they aren't handed to you.
- Believe it's someone else's job to teach you stuff or tell you what you need to learn.
- Refer to what your team does as "magic" because you don't understand it.
And now, the formal details.
A Project Manager sees the big picture of a project. From internal discovery to post-launch, the Project Manager is accountable for the success of the project.
Success of the project includes:
- Budget awareness - both dollar and time budgets
- consistent client communication about the project details
- familiarity with the details and an understanding of scope of the project
- understanding of the client's team's needs as well as the Speak team's needs, creating a win for both teams
- overall consistent movement throughout the life active project process.
A bit about how we manage projects:
Success of the project includes:
Project Manager Skills
A Project Manager is accountable and responsible for the completion of all tasks for a successful project. A Project Manager should be knowledgeable of every type of service and project process we offer our clients so as to be familiar with tasks needed in each type of project. A PM should be able to lead a project of any kind based on experience and knowledge of key project management principles. We don't expect you to know it starting out the gate but being willing to learn and to learn quickly is expected.
Project Managers should be at an expert level in using our project management tool and comfortable guiding the project teams and clients on how to use the system. Experience with other project management tools is very helpful.
Project Managers are expected to be knowledgeable and an expert in PM skills such as resource planning, leading meetings, client communication, keeping details, time management, business acumen and problem solving. Project Managers keep the project on time, on budget, on goal, and in scope.
Project Managers assist the Director of Projects in scheduling and with project timeline per the scope and client expectations.
Project Managers are responsible for communication between all service teams serving on a project team and responsible for adding to the project team for expert direction as needed with direction from the team Directors.
Project Managers are responsible for client project related communication and work alongside a Digital Marketing Strategist for a successful project launch.
Project Managers should be able to read our proposals and develop a project process and plan for any type of project.
Project Managers will be aware and assist with project scheduling, project load reviews and priority setting for tasks each week. This may be reviewed and updated periodically throughout the week.
Project Managers are responsible for the key points of communication as noted in the Project Details
Project Managers are responsible for the creation and curation of Resources/Standard Messaging that we use with teams and clients. Having ready to go resources and standard messaging provides consistency and efficiency.
Project Managers should be skilled and prepared to lead meetings in person, over the phone and through video conferencing. PMs should be knowledgeable about using all tools necessary to have a great meeting. Also needed by every PM are good meeting leadership skills, listening skills, and note taking skills.
Every Project Manager will face challenges in their work. We work on many projects with many variables all the time. With so many pieces of puzzles moving at the same time, managing your time and keeping track of details is essential in the job. Many times that same pressure can create cranky co-workers and clients. Project Managers need to learn the skills of dealing with difficult people, the art of defusing a tense conversation, and have the confidence to speak directly, honestly, and gently to any team members or clients.
Prioritizing client communication, project plan changes, creative feedback, locating resources and team communication can be difficult when they compete for our attention. Learning how to maintain a healthy balance for those priorities and still accomplish tasks is key.
More about us...
- We are (and have been) profitable.
- We are (and have been) debt-free.
- We have a single owner and don't have to worry about partners who split.
- Our business is spread out across hundreds of customers instead of a few big fish.
- To date, we've never let anyone go for financial reasons.
- We're a team with a focus on doing outstanding work for our clients AND maintaining our sanity.
- We work hard during business hours (Mon-Thurs 7a-5p and Fridays 7a-11a…yes every Friday is a half-day) and go home when work is done.
- Rarely, if ever, do we find ourselves staying late or working weekends. Funny what you can get done when you work hard.
- High-performing employees enjoy a high degree of flexibility.
- We expect everyone on our team to be part of shaping our future. If there's an issue, we tackle it together. If there's an idea, we develop it together.
- We meet regularly for fun and creative team building.
- Half-day Fridays
- No late/weekend hours
- Relocation assistance
- All-Mac office
- Good Folk
- Regular Office Events
- Annual Retreat with whole team on location
- Vacation/Sick Leave
- Health Insurance
- Short Term Disability
- Long Term Disability
- New Perks added often
Our owner is a believer in Jesus Christ and submits to Biblical authority in leading the company. For us, that means that we can expect a leadership perspective that is grounded in humility, and puts people before profits. Does that mean we all have the same beliefs? Absolutely not, but mutual respect and grace are core values that drive each of us.
Sound like a fit? Next steps:
All candidates should complete our online application. Show us your work and explain why you're a good candidate.
We'll evaluate all applicants and follow up via email as needed to ask questions or to line up interviews.