Memphis, Nashville or Remote (US Only)
We're looking for an iOS and/or Android mobile app developer. We are considering either a Senior level developer with proven skills or a Junior level developer with promising chops looking to grow. If you know .NET web development too, we REALLY want to talk to you. Here are the must-have's:
- Experience building native mobile applications for iOS (Objective C) and/or Android. (Android development is all done with Java.)
- Experience building native mobile applications that consume remote APIs - sometimes JSON, sometimes XML. You should feel equally comfortable working with both.
- Team Player Attitude - This sounds cliche, but we really mean it. Our team works extremely well with each other and with other teams in the company. We check egos at the door, if you can't collaborate and take constructive feedback from other qualified developers, then this isn't the place for you.
- You should also be self-driven to learn new technologies and make recommendations for where we can use them to make our solutions more awesome.
In this position, you'll be tasked with:
- Helping us to build, maintain and improve our mobile application platform.
- Troubleshooting, diagnosing and fixing bugs and performance regressions.
- Identifying bottlenecks and places for improvement in existing code bases so we can continue to provide our customers with a better experience.
- Providing estimates for development timelines. We're not looking for clairvoyance, just the ability to provide a reasonable time estimate for a known set of requirements.
- Make us better by noticing what we're not doing but should be and then help make it happen.
- If working remotely, you'll need to be self-motivating, self-directing, a great communicator and comfortable working with a distributed team.
- Sometimes answering customer support requests and working with customers through resolution.
How we get things done
- Currently our iOS development is primarily in Objective C, but we hope to migrate to Swift before too much longer.
- Android development is all done with Android OS.
- We don't use PhoneGap or Reactive Native, only native os code
- We keep tabs on all of our code with Git.
A little about us
We're an established company of 48 employees with offices in Memphis and Nashville. We are skilled in all things interactive, from website design and development, to mobile apps and digital marketing.
As a company, we value:
- We are (and have been) profitable.
- We are (and have been) debt-free.
- We own our building.
- We have a single owner and don't have to worry about partners who split.
- Our business is spread out across hundreds of customers instead of a few big fish.
- To date, we've never let anyone go for financial reasons.
- We're a team with a focus on doing outstanding work for our clients AND maintaining our sanity.
- We work hard during business hours (Mon-Thurs 7a-5p and Fridays 7a-11a…yes every Friday is a half-day) and go home when work is done.
- Rarely, if ever, do we find ourselves staying late or working weekends. Funny what you can get done when you work hard.
- High-performing employees enjoy a high degree of flexibility.
- We expect everyone on our team to be part of shaping our future. If there's an issue, we tackle it together. If there's an idea, we develop it together.
- We meet regularly for fun and creative team building.
Half-day Fridays, No late/weekend hours, Relocation assistance, All-Mac office, Good Folk, Regular Office Events, Annual Retreat with whole team on location, Vacation/Sick Leave, Health Insurance, Long Term Disability, 401k, New Perks added often
Our owner is a believer in Jesus Christ and submits to Biblical authority in leading the company. What does that mean for you? Simply that you can expect to see values like hard work, discipline, excellence, grace and others at the core of decision making. Do you have to be a Christian? Absolutely not.
Sounds great? Next steps:
- All candidates should complete our online application. Show us your work and explain why you're a good candidate.
- We'll evaluate all applicants and follow up via email as needed to ask questions or to line up interviews.