We are always looking for great talent. If that's you, take a look at this job description and send us your resume. We'll reach out as we have open positions.
As a digital agency we create movement for businesses and organizations using our digital marketing strategies and solutions. We see success when our clients see success in their markets. As a part of the Operations Team, you'll help support our on-going initiatives to make Speak a great company to work for and a great company to work with. You'll be responsible for making our Memphis office run smoothly.
You would be a good candidate for this position if you are:
- Organized. You know how to make a plan and re-make a plan if needed. You know how to make a good to-do list and know how to keep yourself on track. You enjoy things having a place and being in their place. Processes and systems make you happy.
- Servant hearted and kind. Often times the work in supporting our team isn't glamorous or even noticed. A good support member has a heart that is willing to serve. Serving others makes you happy even if it cleaning the sink of dirty dishes, picking up trash from the floor, or fixing an issue. Our role in supporting our team members is to do what we can to make Speak a great company to work for.
- Intuitive to needs. A good team support member will be able to think ahead and anticipate the needs of our team members. You'll learn some patterns to their work, to their preferences, and learn how to be ready to meet needs or be available quickly.
- Self starter and work well without direction. Being able to work on your own will be important in this role. You will not have a boss giving you instructions to complete each day. You'll have to know how to create your own daily plans within your key areas of responsibility.
- Thinks fast on your feet and know how to handle multiple priorities. Many times the office and our schedules can very hectic. We want to maintain a calm atmosphere in our office at the same. Knowing how to think fast, change direction quickly, or rearrange your priorities to help the team is important.
- Ok with being interrupted. Interruptions will come throughout the day through customer needs and team needs to be addressed. Somethings you can't always plan for. Being able to be interrupted and still be kind is very important to our team culture and to our customer experience.
- Customer Service focused. You'll be the receptionist for our Memphis office as well as fulfilling customer focused tasks while supporting other teams. You'll need a good foundation of customer service and experience skills to be successful in this role.
- Knowledgeable of general office equipment. You'll need to be able to understand our phone system/software and troubleshoot issues. You'll need a basic understanding of how to troubleshoot and use office equipment like printers and computers.
- Knowledgeable about general marketing and sales principles. You'll be assisting our marketing and sales team with administrative and support tasks as needed. You will need to understand the basic principles of marketing and sales for business.
Day to Day Activities:
On a day to day basis, you will
- Participate in our full staff meetings once a week
- Participate in a departmental team meeting once a week
- Be committed to our values and client promises in every task
- Keep an inventory of supplies and coordinate restocking and purchasing
- Maintain office equipment
- Restock employee and client hospitality center
- Opening the office each day making sure things are tidy and put away, ready for any clients or guests that may come in that day. Closing the office to make sure things are cleaned up and put away and ready for the team and any early morning guests. You may not be the first to arrive or the last to leave but you are responsible for making the office ready each day.
- Assist with event planning for team
- Assist with general data entry and administrative tasks as needed
- Greet guests in our Memphis office
- Answer the main telephone line for all offices
- Handle daily incoming and outgoing mail and packages
- Maintain office files
- Handle the packaging and mailing for client packages from the Business Development and Marketing Team
- Help fulfill Marketing Team tasks such as sending and scheduling mass mails, creating mailing lists for direct mail efforts, coordinating tasks for marketing resources.
- Help team members prepare conference room for meetings and presentations
- Assist in making Accounts Receivables phone calls to clients
- Be willing to learn our industry, how we work, and how to create movement for our clients
- Administrative background
- Business Reception experience
- Customer service experience
- Marketing knowledge and experience is helpful
- Familiar with Gmail, Slack, Dropbox and Zoom
Hours and Compensation
- This is an hourly, non-exempt position.
- We will consider part time or full time hours.
- Compensation is $15/hr paid weekly via direct deposit
- This position is not eligible for remote or flex working.
A little about us
We're an established company of 48 employees with offices in Memphis and Nashville. We are skilled in all things interactive, from website design and development, to mobile apps and digital marketing.
As a company, we value:
- We are (and have been) profitable.
- We are (and have been) debt-free.
- We own our building.
- We have a single owner and don't have to worry about partners who split.
- Our business is spread out across hundreds of customers instead of a few big fish.
- To date, we've never let anyone go for financial reasons.
- We're a team with a focus on doing outstanding work for our clients AND maintaining our sanity.
- We work hard during business hours (Mon-Thurs 7a-5p and Fridays 7a-11a…yes every Friday is a half-day) and go home when work is done.
- Rarely, if ever, do we find ourselves staying late or working weekends. Funny what you can get done when you work hard.
- High-performing employees enjoy a high degree of flexibility.
- We expect everyone on our team to be part of shaping our future. If there's an issue, we tackle it together. If there's an idea, we develop it together.
- We meet regularly for fun and creative team building.
Half-day Fridays, No late/weekend hours, Relocation assistance, All-Mac office, Good Folk, Regular Office Events, Annual Retreat with whole team on location, Vacation/Sick Leave, Health Insurance, Long Term Disability, 401k, New Perks added often
Our owner is a believer in Jesus Christ and submits to Biblical authority in leading the company. What does that mean for you? Simply that you can expect to see values like hard work, discipline, excellence, grace and others at the core of decision making. Do you have to be a Christian? Absolutely not.
Sounds great? Next steps:
- All candidates should complete our online application. Show us your work and explain why you're a good candidate.
- We'll evaluate all applicants and follow up via email as needed to ask questions or to line up interviews.